I’ve learnt that…
1. Aging is ok
2. Life is going to happen to me no matter what I plan out
3. Dreaming big isn’t something you only do in your teens
4. The good things in life take time
5. The best things in life take a fight
6. Who is meant to be in your life will always rise to the top
7. Loyalty is something only age can show its appreciation for
8. Grey hairs mean wisdom so they’re okay too… I guess
9. 10lbs a year after 30 is a real struggle
10. The day I realized I could eat cake without reason to celebrate I started living
11. I just learnt where those 10lbs came from 😆
12. When people tell me about a good restaurant I take their review over Google
13. Mushrooms do not belong on this planet
14. Hotel sheets will always be better then mine at home
15. Traveling the world will always scare me a little bit
16. I love glass floors
17. I hate dirty hardwood floors
18. My hardwood floors will always be a little bit dirty thanks to a dog & dust.
19. I will never cut my hair off into a pixie cut again … only if I make it to 90 years old I will reconsider this
20. I will forever be undecided between being a blonde or a brunette so bronde it is!
21. The older I get the more I’m about convenience in life.
22. Spas and hair salons are overpriced for the services so I’ve limited my times at them to less than 50% of what I did in my 20’s
23. My body can endure more than I ever thought possible
24. The hard times are what grow me so don’t rush through them
25. The tunnel will always have light at the end if I just keep on walking
26. I don’t live for people’s approval (I haven’t fully learnt this yet but I’m better then I was a year ago)
27. It’s okay to be assertive and stand up for what I believe in. Even if I’m the only one standing.
28. I enjoy savoury over sweet more & more
29. I finally like fish & chips
30. Sleep talking is not a thing that I can grow out of
31. I will never stay awake to the end of a movie. No matter what I do.
32. Living generously is the only way to live.
I’m so thankful for all 32 years on this planet! So much more ahead of me and so much more to discover and learn. I purpose to never stop learning and never stop listening. Life hasn’t gone the way I planned it to go – so I chucked out those notebooks and planners because my plans are not the great ones anyways. Bring it on 32!!!!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Jeremiah 29:11 NLT