Bryan and I have celebrated Valentines together for over 10 years. Some of my favourites have been when we stayed in and got creative with our Valentine’s night. So I thought I’d share some of our ideas with you! These ideas aren’t just reserved for February 14th either!
Here are 5 at home date ideas:
- Have a movie night in together with takeout, popcorn, candy and chocolates!!! I shared my favourite Netflix romantic comedies on my Valentine’s self-care blog post.
- A fondue night at home. Your main course can be a meat fondue then followed by a chocolate fondue with strawberries, pineapple, and pound cake! Personally I’d skip the meat fondue and just hang out on the chocolate fondue but you do you boo!
- Make your own pizza night at home. Make them in to heart shape pizzas! Pick your own toppings and also pick up some chocolate and marshmallows to make a desert pizza! Check out Pinterest for great ideas!
- A spa night at home – yes your man will enjoy this!! Every man secretly loves to detox & relax. Pick up some easy sheet facials at Shoppers or Wal-Mart… they also have hand and feet masks. Be sure to cut some cucumbers up to place on your eyes. And relax the night away!
- A Yoga night together; pick a video on YouTube and follow along with the instructor together. Stick to basic stretching ones if it’s a first! Now that you’ve cleared away all stress & distractions, write out reasons why you love each other and exchange notes to each other.